Captain America to be revised by Marvel to distance him from pro nationalism?? (cosmicbook.news)

A leak is claiming Marvel and Chris Evans is going to destroy Captain America all because of Donald Trump and his supporters.

Larrycoconut
Larrycoconut

Nothing can be left alone. Anything not conforming to the agenda has to be shredded or changed to hate what it once was.

As far as Marvel itself, it Doesn’t matter. Comics have been dead to me for a decade or two now. My kids don’t read them or watch the films.

I will give Marvel no $. Not even a penny. Let them starve.

Last edited 28 days ago by Larrycoconut
Allonzikoi
Allonzikoi

I’ve always thought that captain America was some kind of personification of the propaganda of the American soldier and the war machine that is the United States. I wonder if marvel serve any other purpose than that, it’s such a perfect tool of propaganda for young people.

stevencasteel
stevencasteel

I haven’t read any Captain America, but the idea of a U.S. super soldier who has to deal with the ramifications of evil leadership from the swamp seems like a topic ripe with ideas to explore.

Cap needs to struggle with deep, honest, philosophical questions relevant to his character and situation.

unafraidoftheculture
unafraidoftheculture

“They felt that having an African American version of the character bare such a burden alone was unfair.”

If this is all true- What is unfair is that these people can literally not keep up with themselves. They had this all set up deliberately for the character with his own series and the ending of the last Avengers, he proved himself and accepted the job to be the new Cap. I guess they only want a black lead if he’s king of a fictional African nation (Black Panther)? Typical and racist imo.

Probably the bottom line is they are worried these movies will not make money without Chris Evans but they should stick to the original vision. Assuming they had one after all

real customer