Former Studio 54 owner Mark Fleischman reveals he will commit assisted suicide on July 13 (www.dailymail.co.uk)

Mark Fleischman, 82, says he will take his own life via a lethal dosage of barbiturates with the assistance of a Swiss non-profit group called Dignitas on July 13.

WillieJonesJr
WillieJonesJr

Vaccine

SNC786
SNC786
Reply to  WillieJonesJr

What do you mean by ‘vaccine’

thursdayafternoon
thursdayafternoon

If I had such a disease, I wouldn’t want my family to bear this burden. My mother. She won’t be able to work and will only take care of me with her non-existent money. This is not sustainable for many years. I would also ask for euthanasia.

anon
anon

how do you know you dont go to hell for committing suicide?

Hope
Hope
Reply to  anon

@anon Many years ago, this was the thought “thou shall not kill” that made me fight through suicidal tendencies and live. Now I am healthy, happy, married, and travelling. I am grateful for the fear of Hell, as it has let me live a good life on this Earth.
Those who believe that death is the only way out, may not be seeing the full picture. They may not be seeing all those who would be happy to care for and about them, they may not be seeing the good that is on this Earth, and in their life, and they may not be seeing all they are blessing by still being around. It is sad. There is a much fuller photo than what sickness, pain, abuse, addiction, old age, and self pity shows.

thursdayafternoon
thursdayafternoon
Reply to  Hope

Don’t miss the difference between theory and practice. When you live like a plant, you can’t bear to watch the emotional and financial burden of those who care for you for many years. The problem here is what the people you love are experiencing. It’s easy to preach, it’s another to experience the practice.

Matt
Matt
Reply to  Hope

whatever your going through on earth even at its worst is way better than what hell will be

seekholinesswisdomtruth
seekholinesswisdomtruth
Reply to  anon

You will. It’s not even debatable. God commands (not suggests) that we not kill, so if, as our last act, we intentionally take the life He gave us, then we would have no time to repent. We would have sinned in our final moment of life, for which we would be rightfully judged. I believe we have an obligation to preserve our lives at all cost, if only out of gratitude to our Creator.

Kate
Kate

Euthanasia = suicide, it’s a guaranteed hell.
Those who had been there through clinical death said, they’re willing to suffer through anything as long as they’re to going back there.

nathaniel
nathaniel

did he do it

xyz
xyz

Non-news, its his personal choice and honestly, a reasonable one.

KeyLime
KeyLime
Reply to  xyz

xyz could you please stop infecting every post with your non-insight? Thanks buddy.