How Pentagon Turned 'Top Gun' Sequel Into Recruitment And PR Vehicle (shadowproof.com)

Files on “Top Gun: Maverick” detail the influence the Pentagon had over the sequel to Top Gun, how that affected the storyline and character arcs, and which “key talking points” became part of the script.

detectiverico
detectiverico

Just in time for the Russia/Ukraine garbage. I appreciate and respect the men/women that serve the country, but most people think that b/c “it was their job”, that they don’t accrue the bad karma that comes with killing people. At the end of the day it was their choice to sign up and pull the trigger, not to mention the PTSD that comes along with it. The government and hollywood do a great job of romanticizing killing people for wars that never should’ve occurred. Rothschilds have been bankrolling both sides of wars for a VERY long time. “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” -Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

frenchtoast2000
frenchtoast2000

Tommy boy Cruise has a bogus work resume that only a fool would believe was from just being lucky. One background role and then gets qualified for lead roles. Then to top it off gets his own production company after 10 years in Hollywood so he can be the dictator and star in his own films. But what I find the most weird is that he has cousins who are actors and they were not given the elite treatment he was given in Hollywood. I would say it’s because he has more bloodline genetics then them.

Iliketrees
Iliketrees

And maybe he made the right human sacrifices. He’s not even a good actor, which I find is typical of all “a listers”.

frenchtoast2000
frenchtoast2000
Reply to  Iliketrees

I did forget about the sacrifices. Supposedly his father was his major sacrifice. He died in 1984 when Cruise spent a year preparing for a role. It would just give another explanation on why his family is scared of him even though his dad was crazy and abusive which explains why he is too.

Last edited 29 days ago by frenchtoast2000
Laz
Laz

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but most A-listers move into production. He did it faster than most because literally every movie he did in the 80’s was a mega hit, which means he can demand ridiculous salaries, which means he had the start-up funds earlier than most.

thekwon
thekwon
Reply to  Laz

I completely agree with you here.

A List actors are A list because they are willing to give up autonomy of their own body and soul (if they in fact have a soul) It is something I would never personally do the thought is horrifying but they choose to do it. Which gives them range and ability normal actors do not have.

These actors talk about channeling the spirit of the characters they play well, this is what they are actually doing. Allowing dark spirits to come in and take control which is what makes them incredible actors.

Anyone who thinks Tom Cruise is a terrible actor I would suggest hasn’t seen him in enough parts. For example the cameo he had in Tropic of Thunder where he plays the hysterically funny slimy scumbag Hollywood executive.

He has many great performances in my opinion which many other people seem to agree as, like you said, his movies make incredible bank which is ultimately what makes someone a mega-star or not.

frenchtoast2000
frenchtoast2000
Reply to  thekwon

They always grow to hate acting but still do it not necessarily because they sold their soul but because the evil spirits won’t let them go and since they have no interest or are scared to go to God himself they are bound to them for the rest of their lives. Marine spirits can be one of the hardest spirits to get completely delivered from because they see the victim as property or a trophy and get promotions when successful and brutal consequences when not. I am still struggling with getting them away from me and they can be very haunting and vampiric.

thekwon
thekwon

I’m not familiar with marine spirits maybe you can do a post on them.

So many actors are living tortured lives I actually feel sorry for them not angry at them. At least the ones that are born into it. I wouldn’t trade places with them for any amount of money – what miserable lives they have even though it appears glamorous.

I can also appreciate the talent even if some of it may not be completely their own.

frenchtoast2000
frenchtoast2000
Reply to  thekwon

I have been meaning to write about these spirits since I have mentioned in comments before about them. But I promise to come up with a post because they are responsible for different types of mischief.

Laz
Laz
Reply to  thekwon

I can definitely see that, and the thought is horrifying. Even more terrifying when you were Jim Carry as a kid and everybody told your parents to get you into acting. Thankfully they saw what that business was like and wouldn’t let me be part of it.

Ian
Ian

Well, it worked with the first movie

thekwon
thekwon

Just got back from seeing this and it is a PHENOMENAL movie.

Hollywood makes a lot of crap but this does everything right. Incredible action and great storytelling that works on many levels.

This is the best of what Hollywood can offer enjoyable escapism.

There is a bit of a propaganda element but it wasn’t that much. Cruise delivers an epically awesome ride.