What is this statue doing in capital of Switzerland?

The statue has been there over 500 years and is called the Kindlifresserbrunnen(Fountain of the Eater of Little Children).

Paul
Paul

Probably a local version of the pagan god Saturn/Kronos, who is believed to be the god of a time of peace and plenty. Many occult types seek the return of Saturn. Yes, he eats babies and even his own children. But that’s believed to be the price you pay to gain prosperity.

comicguy5
comicguy5

Imagine someone saying something like
“Hey cool statue let’s take a selfie in front of it”

Hope
Hope

“Thank you for commissioning me to create a statue for your Capitol area. I thought long and hard about what might look good her, and I think you’ll be surprised to find what I came up with…”

PiscesMarie
PiscesMarie

I would like to see a side view of his nose. I have a hunch it will be long and bent.

PiscesMarie
PiscesMarie
Reply to  PiscesMarie

Found a couple close up views which weren’t under it, not quite bent but long and the front view which isn’t underneath is very telling esp. with the hat. The theme matches the old paintings of the cult sacrificing children, and the drawings too. They want to tie it to cronos so they can keep it up.

Coincidence
Coincidence
Reply to  Enc

“It was created in 1545–1546 by Hans Gieng to replace a wooden fountain from the 15th century. The new fountain’s original name was Platzbrunnen (Plaza Fountain); the current name was used first in 1666.” Interesting…

Brian Pierson
Brian Pierson

It’s the Swiss Molech.

deletetheelite
deletetheelite

I’m leaning on it represents the Greek God Kronus eating his children or the Roman Saturn eating the months, though Kronus should have six and Saturn twelve rather than the sculpture’s eight, but mabey the other children are already in his belly haha..

Last edited 1 month ago by deletetheelite
Reg
Reg

Wait a minute– I thought Switzerland, like England, didn’t have an official capital.

confederacy_of_dunces
confederacy_of_dunces
Reply to  Reg

Of course England has a capital….